Sunday, April 27, 2014

Late for Two Parties!

I am usually extremely prompt, but today I am late for two parties! I have a really great excuse though... I've been away for Spring Break! So, even though it is Sunday, I am linking up with DoodleBugs for her Five for Friday party.

Right before we left town, my new blog design was finished. I think Kassie did an amazing job! I am truly impressed! If you are thinking of starting a blog or giving your current blog a face lift, I would highly recommend her! There is a link to her blog on the sidebar. Check out my new logo! I could frame it and hang it in my living room. It would totally blend with the colors in my house!

This was my amazing view for a few days! We spent lots of time playing in the sand and surf in Navarre Beach, Florida. 

No visit to Navarre is complete without a trip to The Gulf Breeze Zoo! We love coming here. You can get so close to many of the animals! Here is Little Man feeding a giraffe. 
Sweet Girl is such a ham! Last time we visited the zoo, she tried to feed the llamas. Two of them spit on her! I may have hurt her feelings with my uncontrollable laughter! So, here she is "pretending" to be freaked out by this llama.

My hair is naturally curly and wavy. I call it cravy! It is looks bad enough at home, but add in Florida humidity and wind from the beach, and it is psycho hair! My funny daughter texted me at the zoo and said, "Hey Mom, you and this chicken have the same hairdo!" Bwaahaahaa!



We also spent an entire day at The Gulfarium. Little Man kept coming back to the tide pool touch tanks again and again. 

We enjoyed the shows! I did not use the zoom in this picture. They were really that close to me! This picture cracks me up because that one dolphin looks like it can fly!


One of the most amazing parts of teaching and parenting is helping kids discover what they are passionate about in life. Little Man dreams of being a marine biologist some day. He has always loved sea life. One of his first words was "shish" (fish). Do you know where he was headed???
Hubs and Little Man got to snorkel with rays and sharks for an hour! They made some amazing memories!
But, alas, all good things must come to an end! So, I am back to thinking of school stuff. We were on vacation on Earth Day. Tomorrow I am going to head to Little Man's class to guest read The Lorax by Dr. Seuss. I couldn't show up for a party empty-handed! I am bringing these truffula tree cupcakes along with me! I think they turned out cute! They are totally NOT my original idea! I pinned this idea on Pinterest. Moments later my pin got a comment from Little Man's teacher saying, "When are you bringing these for the class?" How could I say "No"? If you want to find out how to make them, click here for the original source. 

I would love for you to follow my blog! I am posting a super easy (and cheap) Mother's Day craft later this week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment