Friday, April 11, 2014

Five for Friday and a Time Freebie


I am finally feeling brave enough to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday Linky Party! This week has been CRAZY! So, if you will hang with me through four selfish items, I will give you a freebie at the end. Yes, I am bribing you to read about me. Deal with it! ;)
Spring has finally sprung!

There is something that you need to know about me. (Picture me hanging my head in shame.) I kill plants. I don't mean to. I just tend to forget about them. I mean they don't meow, bark, or say, "Hey, mom, I'm hungry!" ten times in a row. So, they kind of get lost in the shuffle. I have a couple of flowering trees and some rosebushes that have flourished despite the fact that they live with me. I walked over to this tree to get a pic of the blossoms. One of my kids actually called out in a panicked voice, "Mom, what are you doing by that tree? I love that tree!  Step away from the tree, mom!" Smarty britches! I don't know where they get that from!


It is sad that this is so true of me! Everyone else in my family can grows gardens and stuff! I have trouble remembering to dust my silk plants!


Spring in Georgia also means pollen!  The hubs washed my car the night before this picture was taken! When I went out to go to the grocery store, this is how it looked! On my way to the store I was all like, "I hope I don't get in a hit and run accident. I can see it all now."
Police: Ma'am, can you give us a description of the car that hit you?
Me: Yes, it was a yellow truck.
Police Officer (mumbling to his partner): We're never going to find it. Everyone in the state is driving a yellow truck right now!


The Flying Trapeze


Do NOT laugh at my art work! I was in a hurry I tell you! That and I had already drawn this picture five other times and I was getting a little bit sick of it! Why was this necessary??? Because trapeze was one of the words in the research based basal that I am required to use during my tier 3 interventions. I made the mistake of asking my kiddos if they had ever heard that word before.  See if you can pass this vocabulary quiz constructed out of their real responses!

What is a trapeze?
A. a trap that is easy to make
B. a crazy word that my funny teacher just made up
C. How should I know? I don't speak Chinese!
D. I am not sure, but it makes me want to sing "Afro Circus".
E. None of the above and I might need a paper bag to breathe into while I think of some new vocabulary intervention strategies.
Testing- Do Not Disturb!

I did it! I survived testing at the alternative school! Yay! Although, I have to tell you that it took all of my self-control not to rearrange and clean the former classroom I was assigned to for testing. I mean, seriously, look at this mess! Thankfully, the student had her back to the mess! I, however, was driven to distraction!

Mac Powell and Me

On Thursday night, I took my daughter and her best bud to see Mac Powell and friends perform at a local church. We LOVED it! Oh, maybe I should tell you that Mac Powell is the lead singer with the band, Third Day. He is seriously talented. He sounds EXACTLY the same in concert as he does on the radio. He is also very funny and friendly!

We got to sit in the third row! Sorry for the fuzzy pictures. I was taking them without the flash on my iPhone.
Mac was joined by TONS of talented folks! A lot of them are up and coming artists. Jamie Grace stopped in with her sister, Morgan. Those girls can rock!

Mac and his friends even stayed after the concert to autograph stuff and just be generally awesome! Here is Mac talking to my daughter and her friend after signing their t-shirts and CDs.

Here is the YouTube video for one of my favorite Mac Powell country songs. I don't usually like country music, but I love this CD. He has another one in the works, too!

While we were at the concert, I got a text from my husband and my son that said, "Meet Stripes!" Would you like to meet Stripes, too?
Say what?!? I take the girls out to the concert and they take that as the perfect opportunity to bring home a snake!?! They are not allowed to shop unsupervised for a while! LOL!

A Time Freebie for You!
We are working on reviewing time this week. I thought you might like to have this review, too. The kiddos have to read about the event, look at the clock, and identify the time along with AM/PM for the event. Click HERE to grab your free copy.



Okay, that's enough about me for now! I am off to watch The Hobbit with the fam! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know, right?!? Little Man said to me this morning, "Mom, I don't mean to hurt your feelings, but I am glad you weren't there last night or you would have messed that up for me." Durn tootin'!! :)

      Delete