Thursday, October 23, 2014

Bats at the Beach {Freebie}

Our school will celebrate Book Character Day on October 31st. All of the kids will dress up as their favorite book character. It will be cuteness overload! My little man is not a big fan of fiction books. He was determined to be an animal. I told him that if he could find a book with animal characters that he enjoyed, I would make a costume for him. He picked out Bats at the Beach by Brian Lies. So, I made good on my promise. I bought him some sweats and a toboggan from the Dollar Store. We borrowed a life jacket from a friend. He already had the swim trunks. I hot glued some foam ears onto the toboggan. The only thing I had to order were the bat wings. I found those here on Amazon. We both love it! 

We also love the book! 

The illustrations are just so detailed and fun. The longer you look the more little touches that you notice!
The rhyming text has a pleasant rhythm. It is chock full of rich vocabulary!

I whipped up a little freebie for you to go with this book. It contains a Venn, optional cut and paste clues, and an answer key. I hope you enjoy it!  You can grab this freebie by clicking {HERE} or on the picture below. 


Check out more book recommendations on Deanna Jump's blog {HERE}. :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment